Work on Interstate 30 Requires Lane Closures and New Traffic Patterns in Little Rock and North Little Rock
Arkansas Department of Transportation
November 24, 2020
PULASKI COUNTY (11-24) – Crews performing work along the Interstate 30 corridor in Little Rock and North Little Rock will require lane closures and new traffic patterns, including the closure of the 9th Street bridge over I-30 in Little Rock, according to Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) officials.
Weather permitting, the following travel impacts will occur November 30 – December 5, after the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- Mon., Nov. 30 – Thu., Dec. 3 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | I-30 in Little Rock | Overnight lane closures between 6th St. and the I-30 bridges over 3rd St. Eastbound double-left lane closures and westbound single-left lane closure.
- Tue., Dec. 1 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | Eastbound I-30 on-ramp at Cumberland St. in Little Rock | Overnight ramp closure. Traffic will temporarily detour south to 6th St. and its on-ramp to eastbound I-30.
- Tue., Dec. 1, 8 p.m. | Permanent closure | Eastbound I-30 on-ramp at 3rd St. in Little Rock | Ramp at 3rd and Ferry Sts. closed. In general, traffic will use eastbound I-30 on-ramps at 6th St., Cumberland St. (closed Dec. 1), or 2nd St.
- Fri., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | Eastbound I-30 in Little Rock | Overnight work to shift lanes to the west between 6th St. and the bridges over 3rd St. Work will necessitate double-right lane closures and the overnight closure of the 6th St. on-ramp to eastbound I-30. Traffic will temporarily detour north to 4th St. and then west to the I-30 entrance ramps at Cumberland St.
- Mon., Nov. 30 at 8 p.m. | Closed through March 2021 | 9th St. overpass | Bridge closed, including intersections with I-30 frontage roads. Traffic to detour north to 6th St. See attached maps NR 20-359 A & B for detour routes, truck detour routes, and local access.
- Thu., Dec. 3 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | 6th St. on-ramp, northbound I-30 frontage road, 4th St. and Capitol Ave. | Overnight closure of the 6th St. on-ramp to eastbound I-30. Traffic will temporarily detour north to 4th St. and then west to the I-30 entrance ramps at Cumberland St. Permanent closures of 4th St. and Capitol Ave. between Rector and Collins Sts. Northbound frontage road (Rector St.) reduced to one lane between 6th and 4th Sts. through summer 2021. 4th St. permanently closed between Rector and Collins Sts.
North Little Rock
- Mon., Nov. 30 – Sat., Dec. 5 | 7 a.m – 5 p.m. | Southbound I-30 frontage road | Daytime single-lane closure on Cypress St. between Bishop Lindsey Ave. and Broadway St.
- Wed., Dec. 2 |8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | Bishop Lindsey Ave. | Overnight work to shift traffic lanes to the north between the I-30 frontage roads. Traffic shift will be in place through project completion.
Traffic will be controlled by signage, construction barrels, and barriers. The public is advised to be cautious when traveling in the work zone and watch for slower traffic speeds.
The 30 Crossing project (Job CA0602) is part of ARDOT’s Connecting Arkansas Program. More information on the CAP is available at ConnectingArkansasProgram.com.
Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel information can be found at IDriveArkansas.com or ARDOT.gov. You can also follow us on Twitter @myARDOT.
NR 20-359 A
NR 20-359 B