Work on Interstate 30 Requires Lane Closures and Traffic Shift In Little Rock and North Little Rock
Arkansas Department of Transportation
April 30, 2021
PULASKI COUNTY (4-30) – Construction on I-30 in Little Rock and North Little Rock will require lane closures and a traffic shift, according to Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) officials.
Weather permitting, the following travel impacts and traffic pattern changes will occur during the week of May 3:
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Northbound Frontage Rd. and 6th St. | Daytime lane closures at intersection. Watch for flagging operations.
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | 4th St. intersections with Rock St. and River Market Ave. | Daytime right-lane and sidewalk closures at the intersections. Pedestrian detour routes will be signed for sidewalk closures. Some street parking will be impacted. Watch for flagging operations.
- Mon., May 3 – Thu., May 6 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. I-30 eastbound | Right-lane closure between the Arkansas River Bridge and Bishop Lindsey Ave. Exit to Broadway St. will remain open.
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | Broadway St. westbound | Overnight right-lane closures below I-30 between frontage roads.
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | 3rd St. westbound | Overnight lane closure between Ferry and Sherman Sts.
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | I-40 | Eastbound and westbound overnight single-lane closures. Westbound lane closed between North Hills Boulevard on-ramp and the I-30 westbound overpass. Eastbound lane closed between the I-40/I-30 split and the merge from I-30 eastbound.
- Mon., May 3 – Fri., May 7 | 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. | I-30 westbound | Overnight left-lane closures between I-630 and the Cantrell Rd. interchange. Double-lane closures will be limited to 11 p.m. – 4 a.m.
- Mon., May 3 – Thu., May 6 | 11 p.m. – 4 a.m. | I-30 eastbound | Overnight double right-lane closures between Bishop Lindsey Ave. and the interchange with I-40. All on and off-ramps in this area will remain open to traffic.
- Fri., May 7 | 9 p.m. – 10 a.m. | I-30 eastbound | Overnight traffic shift between the Arkansas River Bridge and Bishop Lindsey Ave. Work will include single and double-lane closures as part of the shift. Double-lane closures will be limited to 10 p.m. – 7 a.m. and will include closing Exit 141B to Broadway Avenue. Traffic will detour eastbound to Curtis Sykes at Exit 142 and return westbound.
Traffic will be controlled by construction barrels, signage, and flagging operations. Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones.
A long-term and permanent travel impact interactive map is available at 30Crossing.com, along with additional project information. Additional travel information can be found at IDriveArkansas.com or ARDOT.gov. You can also follow us on Twitter @IDriveArkansas for traffic and @myARDOT for everything else.