This project contributes to the four-lane widening of Highway 412 between Walnut Ridge and Paragould. When complete, the additional lanes will enhance the transportation connection between the cities, increase capacity, and improve traveler safety.
Job CA1003 Highway 67 – Highway 141
This project widens approximately 14.5 miles of Highway 412 to four lanes, extending generally from Highway 67 in Lawrence County to Highway 141 in Greene County. This project includes a proposed southern bypass of the Light community.
Recent and Upcoming Construction
- Box culvert construction
- Continue earthwork for Light bypass
- Aggregate base placement for Light bypass
- Cross drain installation and side drain placement
- Erosion control
- Watch for lane closures throughout the work zone. Flagging operations and one-lane traffic will be active at different times.
- Watch for reduced speeds down to 45 mph.
Schedules are preliminary and are subject to change as project development progresses.
Through a voter-approved constitutional amendment, the people of Arkansas passed a 10-year, half-cent sales tax to improve highway and infrastructure projects.More
Thirty-six projects in 19 corridors across Arkansas are included in the CAP, which improves transportation connections to the four corners of Arkansas.More