Interstate 30 Construction Requires Lane Closures in
Little Rock and North Little Rock
PULASKI COUNTY | February 24, 2023
Work on Interstate 30 in Little Rock and North Little Rock involves weekly lane closures.
Weather permitting, the following travel impacts are expected to occur beginning Monday, February 27. Double-lane closures on interstate lanes will generally be limited to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Traffic will be controlled by construction barrels and signage. Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all work zones.
Daytime closures (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closures) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6:30 a.m. start time)
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Overnight closures (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- I-30 (single and double-lane closures and traffic shifts) between Roosevelt Road in Little Rock and I-40 in North Little Rock
- I-630 eastbound ramp to I-30 eastbound or frontage road (various closures) in Little Rock; if the I-30 eastbound on-ramp is closed, then the northbound frontage road (Exit 140) will be open; if the northbound frontage road (Exit 140) is closed, the I-30 eastbound on-ramp will be open
- I-30/I-40 lanes and ramps (single-lane closures) at the north terminal in North Little Rock
- I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closure) between 4th and 10th Streets in Little Rock (6 p.m. start time)
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (11 p.m. start time)
- McGowan Street (full closure) between the on-ramp to I-30 westbound and Pulaski County Lane in Little Rock; the on-ramp to I-30 westbound is reduced to one lane; detours will be signed
- 6th Street Bridge (full closure) for reconstruction in Little Rock; detours will be signed
6th Street Bridge Limited Traffic Pattern (March 5)
The 6th Street Bridge will open to limited traffic operations beginning Sunday, March 5. The traffic pattern changes include closing the off-ramp to 9th Street and opening an off-ramp to 6th Street. During this phase of construction, crews will open the 6th Street Bridge to I-30 westbound exit ramp traffic and close access from the frontage roads as well as Collins and Ferry streets. See traffic pattern and detour maps NR 23-034-A and NR 23-034-B for additional details.
The following traffic pattern changes are included in this bridge opening:
- When taking the new 6th Street off-ramp (Exit 140), I-30 westbound traffic can choose to continue onto the southbound frontage road or take the left turn across the 6th Street bridge to access downtown Little Rock.
- The southbound frontage road will be closed between 4th and 6th streets; To access 6th Street, southbound traffic can take River Market Avenue and Ferry Street; traffic will not have access to the 6th Street bridge.
Northbound frontage road traffic can turn east on 6th Street or continue northbound on the frontage road; traffic will not have access to the 6th Street bridge.NR 23-034-A NR 23-034-B