PULASKI COUNTY | August 26, 2022
Work on Interstate 30 in Little Rock and North Little Rock involves weekly lane closures.
No main lane interstate closures are scheduled between Friday, September 2 at 5 a.m. and Tuesday, September 6 at 8 p.m. due to the Labor Day holiday. Weather permitting, the following travel impacts are expected to occur next week, beginning Monday, August 29. Double-lane closures on interstate lanes will generally be limited to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Traffic will be controlled by construction barrels and signage. Drivers should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all work zones.
Phase 1 River Bridge Traffic Shift (Thursday, September 1 – Saturday, September 10)
A new on-ramp at 4th Street in Little Rock will place northbound frontage road traffic onto the new Arkansas River bridge. See map NR 22-199-A for additional details.
- The I-30 eastbound on-ramp at 9th Street in Little Rock will close when the new ramp at 4th Street opens
- To access Broadway Street in North Little Rock from I-30 eastbound or I-630, traffic must take Downtown Exit 140 in Little Rock to the I-30 frontage road and continue to the 4th Street on-ramp and river bridge; this detour will only be in place during Phase 1; see map NR 22-203-A for additional details
- The I-30 eastbound exit ramp to Bishop Lindsey in North Little Rock will close when the new ramp to Broadway Street opens
- Traffic on I-30 eastbound (north of the Arkansas River) will be reduced to two lanes to receive a third lane of traffic merging from the river bridge
- I-30 eastbound and westbound lanes will remain in their current alignment on the existing river bridge during this phase
Daytime closures (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- I-30 frontage roads (single-lane closures) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6:30 a.m. start time)
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Riverfront Drive (single-lane closures) between Washington Avenue and Olive Street in North Little Rock (7 a.m. start time)
Overnight closures (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- I-30 (single- and double-lane closures) between Roosevelt Road in Little Rock and I-40 in North Little Rock; includes a single-lane closure on the I-30 eastbound to I-630 westbound ramp
- I-630 westbound on-ramp (full closure) between College Street at 15th Street and the Pedestrian Bridge in Little Rock
- I-30/I-40 lanes and ramps (single-lane closures) at the north terminal in North Little Rock
- I-30 frontage road (single-lane closure) between 4th and 10th streets in Little Rock (6 p.m. start time)
- I-630 eastbound ramp to I-30 eastbound (full closure) in Little Rock; ramp detour signed to exit to northbound frontage road
- Broadway Street eastbound (single-lane closure) between the frontage roads in North Little Rock (11 p.m. start time)
- Mahlon Martin (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 3rd Street in Little Rock; detours signed
- 6th Street bridge (full closure) for reconstruction in Little Rock; detours signed to use the 9th Street bridge or 3rd Street
- Sherman Street (full closure) between President Clinton Avenue and 2nd Street in Little Rock; detour signed to use River Market Avenue