I-30 East On-Ramp to New River Bridge Opens September 1
PULASKI COUNTY | August 29, 2022
A new on-ramp to Interstate 30 eastbound and the Arkansas River bridge will open to frontage road traffic in Little Rock September 1.
Weather permitting, the new on-ramp at 4th Street will place northbound frontage road traffic onto the new river bridge. This traffic can then exit to Broadway Street in North Little Rock or continue and merge into I-30 eastbound lanes north of the Broadway exit. This traffic pattern will begin Thursday, September 1 and continue to Saturday, September 10.
This traffic switch is the first of three phases in September to move I-30 eastbound and westbound traffic onto the new river bridge. The following traffic pattern changes are included in this first phase, which will be in place for 10 days. See map NR 22-199-A for additional details.
- Traffic on I-30 eastbound (north of the Arkansas River) will be reduced to two lanes to receive a third lane of traffic merging from the river bridge.
- To access Broadway Street in North Little Rock from I-30 eastbound or I-630, traffic must take Downtown Exit 140 in Little Rock to the I-30 frontage road and continue to the 4th Street on-ramp and river bridge. This detour will only be in place during Phase 1. See map NR 22-203-A for additional details.
- The I-30 eastbound exit ramp to Bishop Lindsey in North Little Rock will close when the new ramp to Broadway Street opens
- The I-30 eastbound on-ramp at 9th Street in Little Rock will be closed when the new ramp at 4th Street is opened.
- I-30 eastbound and westbound lanes will remain in their current alignment on the existing river bridge during this phase.
The following phases will take place later in September:
- Phase Two will shift all I-30 eastbound traffic onto the new river bridge. This is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 10.
- Phase Three will move I-30 westbound traffic onto the new river bridge. This is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 17.
A long-term and permanent travel impact interactive map is available at 30crossing.com, along with additional project information.NR 22-199-A