1 Meeting Notification(s)
This project contributes to the six-lane widening of Interstate 30 in Saline County. When complete, the additional lanes will enhance the transportation connection through central Arkansas, increase capacity, and improve traveler safety.
Job CA0601 Highway 70 – Sevier Street
This project widens approximately 5.4 miles of Interstate 30 to six lanes and improve interchanges at highway 67 and Highway 70, extending generally from Highway 70 in Saline County to Sevier Street in Benton.
- Construction Overview
- Widening to 6 lanes between Hwy. 70 and Sevier Street
- Bridge and overpass construction at Highway 70, Highway 67, South Street, and the Saline River
- Improved Hwy. 67 interchange
- Roundabout at South Street
- Nighttime lane closures
|West Sevier Street on the south side of I-30 will be closed to thru traffic at its connection with the frontage road and I-30 eastbound on-ramp. Construction will change this street from a thru road to a cul-de-sac. |
|Jan 22, 2020|
|Eastbound and westbound lanes on I-30 will be closed during overnight hours in various locations within the project’s work zone |
|Jan 08, 2020||Jan 31, 2020|
|Construction requires a long-term closure of the Cherry Gingles Dumoth Public Access Area and Boat Launch |
|Jul 29, 2019||Dec 31, 2021|
- Recent and Upcoming Construction
- Continued overnight lane closures for striping and concrete wall placement
- Clearing and grubbing
- Erosion control
- Drainage work at I-30 frontage roads
- Excavation and embankment along frontage roads, at Highway 67, and Saline River bridges
- Construction at Saline River bridges.
- Maintenance of Traffic During Construction
- Construction begins with temporary widening in various locations. Next, eastbound and westbound traffic will shift toward the outside lanes to begin construction within the median.
- By mid 2020, eastbound traffic will move onto new pavement in the median. Concrete barriers will be on both sides for eastbound traffic.
- By mid 2021, eastbound traffic will move onto completed eastbound pavement, and the westbound traffic will move into the median.
- By mid 2022, westbound traffic will move onto completed westbound pavement to allow continued construction in the median.
Note: This projected schedule is subject to change during construction progress.
- Construction Cameras
Twenty traffic cameras are being installed within the I-30 construction corridor and are visible to the public through the iDriveArkansas.com website. To view, select the “Traffic” tab (represented by a traffic light icon) and click on “Traffic Cameras.”
- Bid Opening
ARDOT opened contractor bids in December 2018 and the Arkansas State Highway Commission approved a bid for improvements by Johnson Brothers Corporation, awarding the project for $187.3 million.
- Public Involvement
A public involvement meeting was held November 5, 2015. The meeting presented and discussed the proposed plans to widen Interstate 30 in Saline County. A flier, comment form, and map can be downloaded here.
View CA0601 Project Map
Schedules are preliminary and are subject to change as project development progresses.
From Jan 22, 2020
From Jan 08, 2020 to Jan 31, 2020
From Jul 29, 2019 to Dec 31, 2021
Visit IDriveArkansas.com for up to date traffic information and travel conditions.